Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Liebster Blog Award

Now, that I am almost settled, I will tell you about the Liebster Blog Award, that I was given!
I want to send a huge THANK YOU to Nikki over at www.adventuresofabeginnersewer.wordpress.com
on nominating me way back in April.  This award is given to new bloggers with less than 200 followers, by other bloggers.  It helps them showcase their blog and get the word out about it.  
And helps promote encouragement in the world of  bloggers.  
Nikki, asked  me five questions, so here goes.
1.  Do you have a favorite sewing or knitting skill?   
Knitting, what's that?  I don't knit, can't wrap my mind around that.  I don't have a favorite sewing or quilting skill, I want to learn them all so I know how to do them.  But, my favorite quilting (Art) technique, hands down is Applique. On cotton or wool.
2.  Why do you like it?  
Applique can make things look so different just by adding different stitches, beads and found objects.
3.  How did you learn to sew or knit?
I can remember my Mom teaching me to sew clothes on my grandmothers Singer sewing machine (which I still have today), she also taught me to quilt.  On Tuesdays, growing up was Quilt day at the church and we would go spend the whole day.  I would sit under the quilts and cut out templates from cereal boxes, this was before starting kindergarten. I still take classes or go online to learn.
4.  What is your favourite time of year?
That has changed during the years and as I have gotten older. 
 But, WINTER with snow is my time of year.
5.  What do you like about it?
 It is my renewing time.  It is time to start new, clean.
Do not like the hot or humid weather.

Thank You for stopping by.  I will post the 5 blogs that I nominate in my next post.

Happy Sewing and Quilting
RoseMary

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog...I see that you are settling in after moving. I looked at a few previous posts...just love that wool applique that you were working on! Gorgeous! :)
    And we are on the same page in regards to weather. We had a run of days averaging around 72 degrees with no humidity and I could live like that forever! :) The heat and humidity are arriving, starting today, and I dislike it very much.

    ReplyDelete